domingo, 2 de marzo de 2014

La BioFeria: the Best Farmer's Market

You know the saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself"? I guess a variation of that would be that if you can't find what you're looking for, make it yourself. Well, that's what a ton of expats have done down here. I spent a lot of last year missing products that I couldn't find here without realizing that they were here along, right under my nose! Now there are two brewpubs in Barranco, both run by expats. There is a delicious eco-friendly bakery in Chorrillos run by a German. Yesterday I went to the BioFeria in Miraflores, a kind of farmer's market, for the first time, and it was amazing. At least half of the booths were run by expats who felt a need for certain products and decided to do it themselves. I found all varieties of herbs and spices, natural lotions and shampoo, organic coffee and chocolate, delicious pastries, even sprouted nuts and seeds. My favorite find: heirloom cherry tomatoes. I have been missing those since I left the states and was ecstatic to find them down here at last. That and the goat cheese I bought made for the best salad I've had all year. Unfortunately, I don't have photos but I'm definitely going back next Saturday so I'll take some!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario